Friday, November 18, 2011

Introductions, Smiles and Flu Bugs

We've had an interesting and busy couple of weeks!

First and foremost, Olivia's tonsil/adenoid surgery was a success. She is now on the mend! Now, if we could just get her to eat/drink something, I'm sure Emily and Michael would feel a lot better :)

Next, Walter was introduced to his Uncle Clay! Clay loved Walter. He fed him and bathed him, but for some reason when I asked him to change his diaper, he politely declined. He had a lot of fun with him last weekend. It's always strange for siblings to meet their first niece or nephew. I remember when I met Eva for the first time...I was overwhelmed (not just whelmed-haha) with emotions. I couldn't believe I was holding a beautiful baby that my brother and Karla CREATED. Amazing. I could see the same emotions running through Clay and I loved it.

Let's back up a little now. A couple of weeks ago his Grandma Shaw was able to visit Walter again. Unfortunately she chose a weekend when Walter decided to get the flu bug and a diaper rash from Hell. Poor G'Shaw got to experience two parents that were experiencing their child sick for the first time and a grandchild that was experiencing his first bout of firebutt...not a good combo. She was great! She gave us excellent grammy advice and within a day, Dubya was on the mend. Thanks Grandma Shaw!!

On to better news...Walter is a smiling machine! He's not quite giggling yet, but he's trying his hardest to let out that first laugh. He is so much fun - he can recognize Bob and me now...it's the greatest feeling when your bebe smiles at you...I'm such a cheeseball. Here he is sticking out his tongue...he's silly, just like Dad :)

Well, that's it for now! Abrupt, I know.

Love to all.


Bob, Walter and Amy

1 comment:

  1. I am requesting an update... I love walter but I am sick of looking at the same post!!! xoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete